- Patients should arrive 15 minutes prior to their scheduled appointment
- Late arrivals may be asked to reschedule the missed appointment
- Please present your insurance card at each visit.
- Please bring an updated list of ALL medications you are taking OR bottles for these medications with you to each appointment.
- We understand that sometimes you cannot make arrangements for childcare, but especially for your Annual Physical Exam, we require that you make arrangements for childcare or have a responsible adult available to stay in the waiting room with your children. If you bring unaccompanied children to your Annual Physical Appointment we will ask you to reschedule your exam.
- Questions regarding your benefits should be directed to your insurance carrier or your employer’s human resources department.
- Scheduled appointments are preferred. Walk-in patients will be evaluated and worked into the schedule if an appointment is necessary and a physician is available.
- All patients under 18 years of age must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian or have either signed parental/legal guardian consent or verbal authorization from a parent or legal guardian for treatment.
Phone Calls and Voice Mail Messages
We will attempt to return all telephone calls and voice mail messages within twenty-four hours. If you have an urgent medical need, please call our main line and explain the situation to the operator so that he/she can re-direct your call. If you find yourself in a true medical emergency, please call 911 or proceed to the nearest Emergency Department.
Monday – Thursday: 7:00 am – 4:00 pm
Friday: 7:00 am – 1:00 pm
Preferred Method of Payment
- Check (not for first visit or Flight Physicals)